- We build awareness across BC and provide information about lymphedema and the available treatment/management options.
- We advocate on behalf of people and families affected by lymphedema.
- We encourage patients to take an active role in their rehabilitation.
- Our key stakeholder groups know us, respect us, and promote us for our unbiased, professional conduct.
- We encourage and support local, national, and international lymphedema research and development.
The BC Lymphedema Association is here to support people living with lymphedema. Many of the calls we have received to date are asking medical questions. We are not able to provide medical advice! We can offer information about ways to manage lymphedema. If you become a member, you will be able to view the MEMBERS ONLY section where suppliers and therapists are listed.
This organization is run by volunteers only - there are no paid staff members. The organization exists by Memberships and Donations only. If you or someone you care about has lymphedema, please join with us to help bring lymphedema care to the forefront by educating and advocating for better care for this condition in BC.
If this page looks incorrectly formatted, please try using Mozilla Firefox
as your internet browser. - Website administrator.
|Our AGM was well attended and we were able to complete all the business at hand in a timely manner.
The AGM minutes, President's Message and unaudited financials have been posted.
* Nominations for BCLA Board Members being accepted:
Do any of these positions sound like they would fit for someone you know? Then please nominate them.
Does one of these positions appeal to you? Self-nominations are accepted as well.
Join the BCLA Board and help provide a voice to those living with Lymphedema!
Send us an email so we can start the process.
* Volunteers Needed:
If you can help in either of these positions and/or for more information about them, please contact us.
* Navigating the Website:
* Logging On For 1st Time:
Enter the email address & password you used to join BCLA. If you cannot remember that password or if it doesn't work, click on 'Forgot my password' and follow the instructions. When you have your password, sign in using it.
* Renewing Your Membership:
Log in using your email address & password. In left hand column at the bottom, click on 'View your profile.' Click on the tab to the right that says 'Renew until (date of renewal the following year, ie. August 1, 2012)' and follow the instructions. Please update any new contact information.